Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > One bad day turned into...
Posted By:
Posted By:chaos on: 2/18/2007 2:56:32 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: One bad day turned into...
chaos

One bad day turned into...
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2007 2:56:32 PM
Opening day was great, I thought. The next a disaster. In Michigan, after you have your license you still have to work under another cosmetologist that has been licensed more than a year before you can be on your own. I opened a salon one day with a lady (friend of the family for more than 20 years) that has had her license for 40 years and another that has had her license for 7 months like me. The next day the lady with the more than a year license calls in sick, which means the shop is closed because we can't be there without her. That same night she calls and has my husband and I over to tell us that she is quitting. Her reasons were that there was too much laughing, my husband should not have stopped in to see if things were alright (because he knew how nervous I was) because that wasn't professional. I was told that my granddaughter (shes 7 months) is never allowed there even for a few minutes because that isn't professional. There were a lot more excuses, but too many to list. Her daughter called me yesterday and apologized for her mom because she knew I had bent over backwards to do everything her mom had wanted to get this business started. So until I find someone my business has to stay closed. A question I have is do other states operate the same way? Do you have to work under someone before you can be on your own, even when you already have a license?

hues4you
Platinum Member

chaos
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 8:29:40 PM

Dear chaos

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  All State laws vary.  Here in TN, once you have a liscence - you do not have to have to have someone watching over you.  You are a cosmetologist.  I am sorry you are having such a tough time.  Please look for some more staff.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

Check out BTC TV!