Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > dose it get better?
Posted By:
Posted By:kista06 on: 2/18/2007 11:30:13 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: dose it get better?
kista06

dose it get better?
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2007 11:30:13 PM

Hey my name is Christa annd I am currently in school in las vegas nevada. As I am sure alot of you herd it is all star weekend  and yesterday i had about thee worst day of my life. First i had one of my regulars and although she was pleased with her hair and scheduled another apointment i still felt that it wasn't as good as i could of done, then i got a ethnic client witch i haven't had one in a few months and this girl had so much hair it was crazy, and i tryed and tryed and tryed and couldn't get it as straight as i wanted and that's the first ethnic client that i have had that problenm with, then i got a scalp treatment and ya i know i was like oh alright piece of cake.....well no even tho she said it felt good aparently the massage was not good enough for her. I'm so depressed right now i just need a good pep talk. please help.

Love

Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 12:10:05 AM
It absolutely does get better. Everyone has days where they feel like they just can't do anything right. You just have to ride them out to get to the awesome days when you're on fire. Try to figure out exactly WHAT you did wrong and what you could have done better...and just do it better next time.

HAIRGEEK
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 5:05:17 AM
Hi Kista06,
We all have days like this ones in a blue moon.
You feel like you on top of your game for so long, then boom - you fall on your @$$.
Evaluate what you think went wrong & stop dwelling on it. Let the day pass- tomorrow is a brand new day and a chance to start over again.

hues4you
Platinum Member

kista06
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 8:32:59 PM

Dear kista06

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  OK pep talk - you are a student - you are there to learn.  And you sure did a lot of different services!  Did you learn?  If so give yourself a huge pat on your back!  I can tell that you want perfection - and that is huge - but you will feel better each and every day you do work on clients.  Keep going!  And don't forget to check out BTC TV for advanced learning under interact.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator