Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > A Curious Incident
Posted By:
Posted By:rockymountainstylist on: 2/25/2007 4:53:15 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: A Curious Incident
rockymountainstylist

A Curious Incident
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 4:53:15 PM
Have you ever had someone come in just for a shampoo? A guy did that at my salon last week, and I thought, how bizzare is this?

Trey
Silver Member

Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:26:05 PM

Once in every great while.  Usually it's either an older person who cannot do it themselves, or somebody who has had surgery and cannot do it themselves.

Sometimes when it's really hot in the summer, we'll have people walk in for a shampoo only, but again, they are few and far between.

hues4you
Platinum Member

rockymountainstylist
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:29:46 PM

Dear rockymountainstylist

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  I do not think you will have tons of request for this service, but some view it as a real treat.  Make sure you charge occordinly.   If someone has been ill, they will request this service if they have stitches or arm problems that prevent them from shampooing their own hair.  Please suggest a blowdry also and add on to your ticket.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

bbhair
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 5:13:16 PM

I used to have a regular client who came in every Wednesday after she got off work just to have me shampoo her hair.  She said she loved the scalp massage and since she carried a lot of stress in her scalp it was like getting a massage once a week.

She always used to say (and I hope this doesn't get deleted) "Shampooing your hair is kind of like sex, you can do it yourself but it's better when someone else does it".

misty
Bronze Member

HA!
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:44:45 PM
I LOVE it!   so true!