Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Nervous
Posted By:
Posted By:pokepres on: 2/27/2007 7:17:11 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Nervous
pokepres

Nervous
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:17:11 PM
So lately I've gotten a few 'typical old ladies' who expect alot out of a simple blowdry. I'm simply not used to teasing and smoothing, or apparently just blowdrying their hair the way they want it. So, in turn, it is making me nervous to go in and work everyday for fear of upsetting an old lady. I don't get them often but when i do they arent happy. any advice would be wonderful!

bbhair
Bronze Member

Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:50:19 PM
you'll always get the LOLs that just arent ever happy.  Don't worry about it.  Just do your best and if they arent happy they can go somewhere else.

russnyc
Platinum Member

Blowout
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:43:55 PM
Hi,

I had one last week. Pay CLOSE ATTENTION to where there bang is parted and the flow of the hair. These type of ladies will not leave the house undone! My cranky lady had a bang like the Denny's character or something out of Dr. Suess. A little voice inside me told me to pay attention before I wet it, and sure enough, she gave me a hard time about it.

Invest in the expensive Italian boar bristle brushes, and have small, med and large. I also have matching sets of metal because you have to dry the hair until you can smell it melting, LOL

You also need the really tiny round brushes to finish around the hairline, and a small and med curling iron if needed.

Don't forget to breathe. I used to get really nervous, but now I stop, and try to really focus.

The calm only comes with practice, try to find someone you work with that has short hair, and dry their hair differently through the crown every day. Try drying against the natural part, if you can do this, you have it made!