Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > in school for hair, and hate the manis and pedis
Posted By:
Posted By:kista06 on: 2/28/2007 9:10:07 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: in school for hair, and hate the manis and pedis
kista06

in school for hair, and hate the manis and pedis
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:10:07 PM
Alright I am in school for cosmetology but as you all know with that comes the manis and pedis. I really am not a fan of them, and every time i get one i am always un sure of my self and the procedure. Is there any help you guys can give me for the procedures for these?

pokepres

Same thing
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:34:35 PM
I had the same problem in beauty school. Being a guy, the girls had alot of experience on me from slumber parties and just being girly and even just from painting their own nails...I was so horrible at it. When i got my lisense and was doing clients, i can tell you now, i can paint like a pro and can do a full spa pedicure and 30 minutes, including polish!

Try making a card of the steps and putting it in plastic like a ziplock bag and following the steps..you're in school, this is the time when you're allowed to look at the card in front of the client!

There is alot you can do espeically during a pedicure, that you can multi-task with. such as putting cuticle remover on and letting it soak while you do the exfoliation, and while you are letting the mask sit thats when you can push back/remove the cuticle and buff the nail. A mani and pedi in school is always akward, especially with filing because you find that in the real world if you only lightly swipe in 1 direction, you can barely shape the nail and the client is going to think you have no idea what you are doing, they want to see you do exactly what you ARENT supposed to do, they wanna see you saw that nail and give is a good shape and then buff away the fibers that appear from sawing.

Here is my list of steps from my card that i followed for school

Manicure

File.
Cuticle remover.
Soak.
(repeat on other hand)
Exfoliate.
Rinse.
Mask.
Push/remove cuticle.
Buff.
Soak.
(repeat on other hand)
Massage.
(other hand)
Acetone.
(both)
Base.
Polish.
Top coat.

those steps pretty much are the same for Pedicure too. You should only have to do like 10 manis and 10 pedis depending on the state you are in..so try not to worry too much about it...I did them in my salon and got 3 complaints and most likely upset more that never said anything before i really got the hang of it. One day it'll just click and you'll see that everything starts running smoothly

hues4you
Platinum Member

kista06
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 4:26:33 PM

Dear kista06

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  We look forward to your participation.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator