Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Clients....
Posted By:
Posted By:Classic27 on: 3/10/2007 4:27:09 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Clients....
Classic27

Clients....
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2007 4:27:09 AM
I need some suggestions. I had left the salon I was at for 5 years, to follow the manager who opened her own. It's been about 5 months, and I lost about 70% of my following due to distance issues. Although we do get some walk-in's, it's more of an upscale salon, so walk in's are few. How do I build back my business? Ive had cards professionally made, and people seem to love my work, but for some reason, my book is pretty bare. My boss has been "concerned" due to the lack of clients I have. She has told me "you do great work, so I can't understand why your not getting many returns." How do I fix this problem?

russnyc
Platinum Member

Network
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2007 4:51:37 AM
Hi

You have to get out an network, I'm sort of in the same situation. Join clubs, organizations, go to gallery exhibits, start opening and committing yourself to several days a month where you spend it on opening new connections that will encourage growth, invite your boss to come with you if you are timid....

I would also go to local shops and businesses with some sort of referral program, i.e, go to a makeup artist- color her hair free the first time, and tell her if she sends you four or more people every month you will continue to do her hair for free. Be very clear when doing this.

You also need to take a refresher course in rebooking, selling product, and take the time to plant seeds when the client is in your chair-

"I'll see you in March, think about that color for the spring".

On the back of your nice business cards, have a stamp made that says

"20% off BOTH when you and you and your friend book together same day appointment with me only"

Try to think of other ways too, that don't offer a straight discount, but rather value added services, such as a complimentary deep conditioning.

Finally, get on Craigslist, look in your area, and post a free blowdrying class or free consultation for hair color change/ wedding consultation. It doesn't cost anything and can send people into your chair.

Classic27

Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 4:42:52 AM
Thanks!..I never really thought of Craig's List. Ill give it a shot.l