Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > my hair is stuck!
Posted By:
Posted By:pokepres on: 4/27/2007 5:37:55 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: my hair is stuck!
pokepres

my hair is stuck!
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 5:37:55 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I had my hair a natural orange red. About a level 6, in an attempt to get OUT of the red, my hair was shampoo capped and then heavily highlighed with slices while the base was toned. For some reason, the tone was done with another level 6.....I assume the red wasn't toning out, I couldn't see what was going on. So, I ended up with a brown base and lots of blonde highlights. About 2 months later I heavily slice-highlighted the top, to bring it blonder, and a month after that, I decided to go platinum/white. My natural level is a neutral/ash level 6-7 so we used a level 30, ends first, then roots. The problem is, that level 6 is still in my hair. Its giving off like, a level 8 cast of orange, it's dull, but it's there. I want it OUT, the only suggestions I've been given is to highlight it again, but i know that won't catch all the orangy color and I want it all out so I can be platinum. Any suggestions on how to get it out...and we use matrix socolor and color sync, any suggestions on a good toner formula to use to give it that blue/white tone? I'm new to the line so I'm not sure what to use.

russnyc
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2007 4:42:51 AM
Hi

There's red pigment locked into your hair. You need to find the color remover called VANISH. It's so new it won't even show up on google...

It was former called Phantom, or Igora Modulat. It has been reissued.

There are others, but this is a brand new version that arrived in my salon last week.

It smells to high heaven, but will remove every last wisp of pigment from your hair, I was very impressed with the results. Yes I have used all the other sulphur color removers, not even close to what Vanish can do. No, it's not the toilet cleaner!

The red haircolor you are using has saturated red stain (direct dye) into the midshaft. Not only does bleach not get it out, but if you keep bleaching, it will actually lock it into the color even more. Vanish is damage free- it chemically shrinks the locked in color and flushes it out. What you have left is the root color plus whatever the peroxide lifted it to. I will post the website when I come back from the salon tonight.

BRHair
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 1:45:30 PM

I, too, have used the product russnyc mentioned ...very good, indeed.  Just remember, it will only give you the level that was present before you started.  It does not lift on it's own ... merely removes artificial pigment.  I won't use anything else ... fast, and totally gentle on the hair.  In fact, you have to be careful, if you want a partial reduction in pigment ... it can work quite quickly, and the results may not be readily visible, until the hair is dried.

russnyc ... have you tried the similar product from Prvana?