Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Matrix V-lights in the dryer...
Posted By:
Posted By:pokepres on: 6/25/2007 8:03:54 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Matrix V-lights in the dryer...
pokepres

Matrix V-lights in the dryer...
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 8:03:54 PM
Can anyone tell me why V-lights cannot go in the dryer?

russnyc
Platinum Member

Uncontrollable lift
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:28:15 AM
Hi

This is either because the activators will dry out quickly, or the product will foam or expand. The general rule with other lighteners is to always wait 15m or so for the product to absorb into the cuticle congeal, THEN use heat so that it doesn't run.

If Vlight runs onto the scalp under a dryer, it may cause burns if it is strong. I never use heat for any lightener. Choose the appropriate strength developer instead.

dllr99

Manufacturer cannot control dryer heat as well.
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:19:19 PM
Just a little info, I have worked with several manufacturers as well as manufacturer educators.  Alot of lightners will state on the directions no heat...this is alot of times the manufacturer's liability clause, when they state "low heat", they have no control of what the actual temperature each stylists thinks is "low heat".  I have my hair hi-lighted with V-Lite, my stylist is a long time Matrix educator, and he uses heat with beautiful results.  By stating no heat, it protects the manufacturer from lots of liability.

pokepres

dllr
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:46:52 AM
well, the reason i asked was acually because everyone i put under heat with vlights...their hair has fallen out LOL i was wondering why

dllr99

Pokepres...I have no idea?!?!
Posted: Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:03:14 PM
I have had Vlite on my hair as highlights always processed with a dryer (well, actually it is a Chi Processor from Farouk) since Vlite launched!  Never had breakage...even when applied over hi-lift color.  I also am a DSC and sell tons of the stuff.  Maybe Matrix hotline tech can help...800-282-2822.  Good luck!