Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > My am feeling the same way times 100
Posted By:
Posted By:cinderellakem77 on: 6/30/2007 11:17:41 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: My am feeling the same way times 100
cinderellakem77

My am feeling the same way times 100
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 11:17:41 PM
  I'm a new stylist, and been fortunate enough to be at a great salon with wonderful people. The problem is that I have had three color redos my whole year on the floor and when my managment talks to me about it.. I feel like they aren't very tacktful to say the lest. I dont know what to do, because one part of me knows that I'm continually getting education, always trying my hardest, and wantting to be at the salon that I work at. Then theres a side of me that feels like I am being demoralized each time something goes wrong..  I feel horrible right now and am so confused on what to do.. I love where I work, but the other part is a srtuggle and hurtting my self esstem big time..

jfk

Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 8:05:19 PM

sometimes we all have to do redo's...hey it happens, and you are just starting...when you say they aren't very tackful, are they making it a learning experience for you? or just telling you what you did wrong?

Sit down with them and ask them to help you in this way...concentrating on the solution and the learning experience.

pokepres

Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 9:00:15 PM
3 redo's in a year? big deal! Why is that so upsetting to you? How many people do you do in a year and you've only had to redo 3?

AliG

Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 11:04:08 PM

you're so lucky just three redo's!  I just posted a thread on redos as well as I've had a more lately than usual. 

Why do you feel so bad about the redo's?  Is it the fact that you have redo's or is it the way management is bringing them to your attention? 

hues4you
Platinum Member

cinderellakem77
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:34:41 PM

Dear cinderellakem77

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  I do not think 3 re-dos in 1 year for a new stylists is a lot.  It takes time thru education and the hardest thing to learn is client communication and interperation.  Keep trying hard and do not give up.

Cindy Farr   Asst Moderator