Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > All tapped out.
Posted By:
Posted By:maggiemypet on: 7/5/2007 8:29:14 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: All tapped out.
maggiemypet
Silver Member

All tapped out.
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:29:14 PM
Wow, been three years since my last post.

Anyways, I am all tapped out and my lil' well of creativity and love for hair is all dried up. Its kind of sad because I used to love it. Now, I find that color makes me angry and I find it fairly stressful. Haircuts that used to come so easily to me are now rather difficult.

One thing that I have thought about is boosting up my eyebrow clientele (I love, love, love, love doing eyebrows). I know that will be quite an income cap, but I've had 14 clients move away, have babies, (insert life-changing event here) in the past 6 months.

So, here I am, needing to start all over again, rebuilding my client base, feeling uninspired, unmotivated, and really rather uncaring about people's hair. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a $%(@ about it.

Hehe. Now, how does one go about building up an eyebrow business?

Humberto
Bronze Member

Google Anastasia
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 9:48:59 AM

Anastasia is the eyebrow queen.  That is all she does,  she has based her entire buisness on just waxing and does a huge volume.  She is booked up to 10 clients an hour (just 6 minutes per client).   She has an remarkable story, a few years ago she was a Romanian immigrant with a small child and little money.  Through hard work and determination she has built a multimillion dollar empire.  She achieved this success by working 14 hour days 6 days a week at the salon and doing outcalls on the 7th day.  Do a Google search on "Anastasia eyebrows".

maggiemypet
Silver Member

Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 8:58:51 AM
I read about her also. Apparently, having brow studio's isn't unheard of. Re-building clientel seemed so much easier when I was younger and fresh out of school.
I have a couple of ideas as to how to go about rebuilding: I'm going to revamp several sets of eyebrows that belong to my friends and send them out with cards and have them tell everyone about me. Encourage the clients that I have but that I don't currently do their eyebrows to allow me to make them fabulous.

Other than that, any ideas? I cringe at the thought of approaching people about it, only because I'm an introvert. Walking up to strangers is usually a horrible experience for me. But, I am making it a point to make sure that I have a full face of make up on and my brows are always amazing, in hopes that someone will ask where I get them done or something along those lines.

~let me answer that with a headbutt~