Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Your Opinion
Posted By:
Posted By:hairgirl913 on: 11/9/2007 4:11:57 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Your Opinion
hairgirl913

Your Opinion
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2007 4:11:57 PM
There is a stylist I work with who just dropped out as the manager, because she couldn't cut it.This woman does not have a professional attitude whatsoever.Now, there is a new manager who is fairly new to the position.The stylist has repeatedly caused trouble,and keeps getting off.The newest thing is taking stabs at certain ethnic and religious groups on the floor.Should she be terminated? Do you think a warning is sufficient?? I work for a corporate run salon that deems a "no discrimination" policy.To me, it is pretty common knowledge as to what should occur.I am so sick of how things are dealt with, I want to find another job.

russnyc
Platinum Member

Company policies
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2007 6:38:33 PM
This is an issue that has to do with the company, and their established policies. If not enforced, the company may be liable for lawsuits if they dont address this problem swiftly. If the employee is acting out either to staff or clients creating a stressful work environment, a written warning or dismissal is in order depending on the severity of the situation, but it is VERY IMPORTANT that action is taken and documented on paper and that there is a manager statement taken and witnesses statements taken.

There are federal employment laws against this behavior that can't be ignored.Your management needs to clearly document the instances, and what they did to eliminate the problem. They also need to disseminate a written policy that states this or post a notice in the employee areas that is initialed and understood by every employee in a meeting. It also needs to be engaged in any training or orientation given for every new employee that this behavior will not be tolerated.