Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > talk and gossip
Posted By:
Posted By:pokepres on: 11/12/2007 4:37:22 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: talk and gossip
pokepres

talk and gossip
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 4:37:22 PM
I've noticed from conversations in my salon that I can be a topic of choice when I'm not there...apparently it's a BAD thing to do well and have high marks in the books. I plan on just ignoring the entire situation and going about my business making money. Do you think any harm can come of it? I have no problem playing the dumb card and acting like the world is made of candy, I just don't want to ignore something that could potentially affect me in a negative way. opinions?

AliG

candy land...
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:26:49 AM
Can you actually ignore it or will it silently eat you up inside?  I know if it were me it would slowly build until I eventually ended up confronting the situation.  Is it just one particular person or a whole group that does this? 

russnyc
Platinum Member

Just be genuine
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:21:05 AM
Hi

My guess is it's just one person stirring the pot, the others chime in with their own insecurities when this person speaks up.

Rule #1, don't say anything about anyone behind their back that you wouldn't say to their face

Rule #2, Go out of your way to help others do what you do, if you know how to get referrals or found a new way to sell a product, SHARE it with others, DON"T IGNORE people or distance yourself, take the time to help people out of jams or recommend a better way to do something. It takes time to build confidence with others, but open up and share because envy and jealousy only come when people think they can't do the same thing you can.