Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Starting Over! And Its Terrible! Please Help!
Posted By:
Posted By:Ekaya on: 11/15/2007 7:08:02 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Starting Over! And Its Terrible! Please Help!
Ekaya

Starting Over! And Its Terrible! Please Help!
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:08:02 PM

I have recently moved to Bay Area from Sacramento. And its been a pretty sad experience. I was working in a high end (education education is the key)salon there for almost 6 years. Where I built client base really quickly and was making more and more money money over time. My bf then got an awesome job oppurtunity and we moved. So when i started looking around for a place to work in the bay i was surpissed to get a cold shoulder from a few places. Or they wanted me to assist all over again, even though i knew that those places used the same techniques and education as what i learned. So after looking at high end salons i decided to give a boutique salon a try. I was doing ok for the first few months and then the level of clients coming through the door just dropped leaving me with next to nothing to live on. I am currently looking for other places and coming out with no results. It seems like there is no middle ground. I am frusterated because i know i do a good job and still cant find a place of work that would fit. Please Help!

pokepres

Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 7:31:42 PM
it's really tough. The economy is SO HORRIBLE right now it's not even funny. I work in a very high traffic salon and for the passed month we've been SO DEAD. Even restaurants around us say they are STILL waiting for season to hit...I feel like it'll be pretty slow wherever you go unless the economy decides to go back to normal