Posted By:
Posted By:MandiMae on: 11/18/2007 9:53:20 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Curly Hair Disaster
MandiMae

Curly Hair Disaster
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:53:20 PM

I NEED HELP!!

I have short curly hair that I lighten to blonde- level 12, natural. My hair naturally sits at about a level 6 or 7, natural.  It's a medium natural blonde that lightens to a about a 12 when in the sun. 
Anyhow, I've had it this blonde only a the top section. I wore it all summer long.  About 2 months ago, I decided it was getting too dry so, I color it back to something close to my natural.  I hated it. The tones were to gold. To be expected I suppose.  So... I lightened it back, but had to pre-lighten this time in order to remove the deposited color.
My hair, needless to say, is in shambles!! The underneath still curls really pretty, but the top just lays there. Won't hardly wave. I've used Nexxus' Emergency treatment and have done a deep conditioning treatment. But so far, nothing seems to have done much.
I was thinking of buying a Reconstructive conditioner that's suppose to bring the hair back to it's natural pH level, something like 4.5 or 5. 5... it's K-Pak by Joico. 
Sadly, my instructor at school doesn't know much about curly hair and can't offer me much help.
Can somebody here PLEASE help me. I want my curly hair back!!!

~mandi

sarrah
Bronze Member

Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2007 5:10:32 PM

You need to keep deep conditioning your hair.  The treatment you use should contain moisture (this will help bring back the curl) and protein (this will make your hair strong so you don't lose your curl again).  Start by doing a deep conditioning treatment every time you shampoo.  You need to leave it in for at least a half hour at room temperature.  Do this for two weeks.  Then do the treatments every 3rd or 4th shampoo after that or a minimum of 2 times a week.  After two more weeks switch to once a week.   You have to replace all the missing nutrients to regain your curl, then you have to maintain those nutrients until all the damage grows out.