Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Job Dilema
Posted By:
Posted By:JustmyStyle on: 1/21/2008 4:16:41 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Job Dilema
JustmyStyle

Job Dilema
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 4:16:41 PM
I have been working for this salon since august of last year. The salon is catered to men and woman but all that comes in is men, I don't know what to do because I' am not making enough money there to make ends meet. I would have thought that they would have more woman but that is not the case. I'm just hoping somebody can help me get into a salon that has more woman instead of men.

beauty53
Bronze Member

Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:00:36 PM

One of the best resources is to talk to sales reps.  They have a very good perspective on salons in the area.  Also, I don't know where you are located, but craigslist web site always has lots of job posting for salons.  Remember to ask questions.  Don't be afraid to ask the stylists that work in a salon their opinion of the type of clientle the salon attracts.  If a salon has a good working team and a confident owner, they will welcome your questions.

Good luck in your quest!

brianj

Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:00:50 PM

sounds like you have an ideal opportunity to attract females via your males.Any kind of cross marketing exercise should work well ie a guy gets a discount for every girl he brings to the salon or bring your wife/girlfreind day.

Good luck