Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Families are Forever
Posted By:
Posted By:bizyscissors on: 2/18/2008 8:43:24 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Families are Forever
bizyscissors

Families are Forever
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 8:43:24 PM
Is it strange that I have 2 bros. and 4 sisters and out of all of those only 1 bro. comes to me to get their hair done and my mom. My 2 sisters would rather pay a stranger to color and cut their hair than pay their own sister?

mslynn

families are forever
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:43:25 PM
i share your thoughts, i do my mom for free. my brother comes to me and one aunt. they always pay me whatever they can. the rest of the family members, used to come in and i guess they thought i owed them something. i put a stop to it and now i guess they are paying someone. i considered my circumstance a favor. i still love my family though.

popgyrl
Bronze Member

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:45:17 AM

It's not all that strange. Consider yourself lucky that you don't have family and friends haunting you for freebies as an on call stylist! Maybe your sisters just like thier hairdressers a lot, or maybe they are being thoughtful and don't want to bother you. They might just enjoy being clients.

Doing hair for your family can be tough. Especially if you are talking about sisters! If you don't have to be wrapped up in it than you are better off in the long run. It's no reflection on you. :)