Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > beauty school distressed
Posted By:
Posted By:SammBee on: 3/31/2008 9:23:59 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: beauty school distressed
SammBee

beauty school distressed
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 9:23:59 PM
alright i've still got about 4 months left of school and my motivation keeps hittin rock bottom. i love what im doing but sadly my school (students, and teachers) are not the most enthusiastic or motivating. theyre more like a complete put down most of the time. i positively love cosmetology but am having such a hard time staying confident. any help would be wonderful! thanks

xxhairdivaxx
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 1:17:48 PM

Wow....Your school sounds like the one I went to for a brush-up course.  If you love what you do then you will see yourself through this.  I know its hard being in an environment where you feel you're the only one thats serious about what you do.  Be encouraged....Depending on what state you're from you've already put in so many long hours, so please don't let all that time be in vain.  Don't allow other people's behavior dictate how you feel and who you are in this vast and lucrative industry.  Go to every seminar/show that you can afford to go to.  Buy some styling dvds, visit salons and tell them how you feel.  Befriend other stylists and pick their brain so to speak. 

Prepare yourself for the state board exam and stay focused. Believe me, having that license means a huge world of possibilities.  TRUST ME!! 

Keep your head up SammBee....here, this is for you.

twimmer

Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:51:00 PM

Dearest SammBee,

Always remember that misery loves company. I am in a salon that is sometimes the same way. I just like to think about my goals and ambitions and that if I thought or felt the way that they did, my life wouldn't get any better. Idle hands means busy mouths. Stay positive, your almost there.