Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > EVER SINCE THE OPENING OF MY SALON, I HAVE CONTEMPLATED SUICIDE!
Posted By:
Posted By:avalon salon on: 4/6/2008 7:34:50 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: EVER SINCE THE OPENING OF MY SALON, I HAVE CONTEMPLATED SUICIDE!
avalon salon

EVER SINCE THE OPENING OF MY SALON, I HAVE CONTEMPLATED SUICIDE!
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2008 7:34:50 PM

I have been thru more than my share of hell in my life.  But since I have opened my salon, the fun stopped after the decorating. I had wanted to do something unique upscale and different in my area of 27,000 people. I did not have a business plan, in fact I laugh at myself at "WHAT IS A BUSINESS PLAN?" I thought I could do it all on two credit cards! My reasoning for NOT doing it slow, was that if you start out with a mediocre salon,it does not matter in four to five years, you could have gold toilet seats and everyone will still remember you as a mediocre salon!  So I decided to go "BALLZ OUT!" Deep in debt! I just started my fourth year, I do hair myself, and the rest consisted of three women doing hair, and one mani/pedi/facial gal. I was holding up o.k. with the booth rent I was bringing in. Everyone co-exisited just beautiful. I am a VERY easy going owner. But the UNTHINKABLE happened two weeks ago! The last thing I expected was that two of my beloved girls were leaving to open up (YET ANOTHER) 2 chair place in town! No reason, both were perfectly content= except someone sold this idea to one of my girls' and after pondering- she went for it!  Now, the mani/pedi/facial gal gave her 2 weeks! CHEAPER RENT somewhere else! I offered lower rent, no go. NOW I am down $600.00 per week in rents to help support the business. EXTREMELY substantial.  I am not even bringing in enough rent to even pay the lease, not to mention utilities, etc.  I want to puke, I am having meltdowns, and am going insane with worry. I have spread the word, to everyone and their brother. No response. WHAT IN THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO???  PLEASE I BEG OF SOMEONE FOR ADVICE!!!!!!

plussizegodess

what happend
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:26:27 AM
I am just curious to know what happened in your situation. I hope and pray things turned out ok. Please let me know..

Sincerely Cathy