Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > I need a way to keep working while having MS
Posted By:
Posted By:kimberlygbr on: 4/23/2008 6:27:48 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: I need a way to keep working while having MS
kimberlygbr

I need a way to keep working while having MS
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:27:48 PM

I Am a hair dresser. I have been licensed since last June and LOVE MY JOB. 2 and a half weeks ago I was diagnosised with Multiple Sclerosis. I am now in a wheel chair or using a walker to get around most of the time. I have no feeling from my rib cage down or in my pinky and ring fingers.  Until I get the feeling back (if it comes back they aren't sure if it will) I need to find a way to work. I hate not being at work!!! I love my salon and my job!!!! It is killing me not being there.

I solved a small problem of standing by getting a stool that allows me to raise and lower it while sitting on it. All the other issues of getting around in the salon are problems.

Are there any other stylists out there coping with these issues? Does any one have any ideas for things that may help me at the salon? I really just want to do hair and be back at work.  PLEASE HELP!!!

jilly61

ms
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 1:41:06 PM
Dear kimberly; i also have ms. I was dx may of 07. Taking injection meds, and pills. I have rrms. I work out of my home. For the past 15 years. I am not in a wheelchair though. I do get weakness, numbness,tingling, and drop things, such as scissors. Yikes!! I do think a stool would be good for you. It's been awhile since this was posted, so could you update your situation? take care jill