Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Frustrated
Posted By:
Posted By:h10134 on: 5/8/2008 8:36:31 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Frustrated
h10134

Frustrated
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:36:31 PM

I recently quit a job which I'm not sure if I regret or not.  I loved the place, the owners, the clientel but had two positions with the company, one as a stylist and one as an educator.  Salon side was good, but the educator part not so much.   I hadn't been paid in four months by my boss who lived in another state, and I wasn't getting the support I needed.  So I walked out one day after I was stuck for three hours with a newbie with zero training and we had 15 people walk out in those three hours.  I called for help several times and the assist manager blew me off.  I ended up accepting a job at a spa, literally the only spa that would hire me, everywhere else turned me down because of lack of spa experience.  I loved the job the first two weeks but noticed lately that it is one huge popularity contest and I don't get appts because I don't get stoned or drunk with the recept or manager.  I don't want to go back to a chain salon, my clientel isn't what it used to be, and I don't feel comfortable to lease.  Help!