Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Question
Posted By:
Posted By:chips874 on: 6/7/2008 2:18:05 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Question
chips874

Question
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2008 2:18:05 AM
So, I have a client who is notoriously late, and she has recently been bringing her 4 year old daughter in with her. While I'm cutting her hair I have to worry about stepping on her daughter who is picking up the hair that I've just cut. Today was the cherry on the top of the cake. She came in (10 minutes late), with the 4 year old, for a highlight/color/blowdry service. She didn't bring anything for the poor child to do, and while her color was processing I ended up playing with the little one. Then towards the end she started to get tired and annoyed, and proceeded to sit on the floor and start crying. It was all I could do to not freak out. And we had clients who were annoyed as well. Does anyone have advice on what I could say to this women? She is driving me crazy!!!

xxhairdivaxx
Bronze Member

new salon policy
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:40:07 PM

Hi,

Tactfully explain to your client that children are not allowed in the work area where services are being performed. 

jadekitty
Bronze Member

Safety
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 7:27:50 PM
It's such a touchy situation - people get offended where their kids are concerned. We ended up having to post a sign letting the clients know that their kids we're allowed - it looked like this:
"Dear Valued Customers,
For the safety of your children, we do not allow them in the service area unless they are having a service themselves. The salon can be a dangerous place, with hot tools, sharp objects and chemicals, and accidents can happen in the blink of an eye!
We appreciate your understanding."
I really felt like saying that I wasn't a bloody babysitter for somebody's brat, but you catch more flies with honey than vinegar....