This third DVD in the inspirational documentary series – I’M NOT JUST a Hairdresser – by Vivienne Mackinder and renowned fashion photographer Aldo Belkouar of Viv-Aldo Productions is targeted specifically to female hairdressers.
Part 3- The Leading Ladies of Hair
featuring three extraordinary women
Antoinette Beenders - Vivienne Mackinder - Ruth Roche
CLICK TO VIEW A 5-MINUTE TRAILER OF THIS INSPIRATIONAL FILM!
“This film talks to the issues of women in the workplace and what it takes to be a female leader in an industry where we make up 95% of its members and yet the top names you hear are usually men’s,” says Mackinder, explaining that this imbalance is what motivated her to produce the film.
“Women typically try to serve two masters—career and family—and this is not easily accomplished,” Mackinder says. “All three of us have made great sacrifices and we speak to this. We serve as examples for women who are wrestling with some extremely tough decisions.”
Among other information, viewers of this film (available on zone-free DVD) will discover how to:
• Advance their careers by combining the best elements of what works in a man’s world and what works in a woman’s world, learning what it takes to be a winner in this profession.
• Increase their financial worth.
• Take more creative risks.
• Rely more on logic and react less emotionally to mistakes and setbacks.
• Ignite their passion and desire for work.
• Overcome the obstacles common to women in this profession.
• Step away from playing a supporting role and step into a position of leadership instead.
These women can serve as mentors for those who may not otherwise have access to the inspiration and insights that can help female hairdressers fully realize their ambitions and dreams. [DVD/ 55mins]
Order or view the other DVD in this series:
Part 1 - Legends Click Here
Part 2 - Empire Click Here